copy/paste stuff

cfleck

tired
so i wasn't sure if this was a hardware thing or what, but i figure the unix boys would best appreciate this post.

i am looking in to gettin a powerbook but my main turn-off is the one mouse button. i've used linux for the past 2 years and have fallen in love with all the various mouse commands, not the least of which is the 3rd button paste function.

so i am wondering, for people who made the conversion from linux or another unix, how was the one button deal? is it doable, or a huge pain in the butt?

oh, has anyone heard if there is something in the works for a powerbook with mutliple mouse buttons?

if you're getting a PowerBook then you have two
buttons and a trackpad. If you want a mouse,
get a 3rd party mouse with the options you like.
Kensington (old ADB 4-button is my fav'), MS, or
Logitech are all good mice IMHO.

I too love the unix middle-paste, but am waiting
for Kensington to get their OSX software up to par
with the OS9 version (which could paste). They're
doing well so far, so I'll be patient.

are you sure? looking at the quicktime vr thing on apple's website, it only has one mouse button.

btw, i dont want to have to rely on an external mouse. i'll get one most probably, but i prefer not to take them with me when i go places.

you can get some really little mice that will fit *inside* the powerbook when its closed, I think its from kensington. anyways, the powerbook has 1 button and a track pad. So I'd recommend a macally mouse, an MS mouse, logitech, or kensington.

*EDIT* : I'm pretty sure its NOT by kensington. It was in a macworld article a while ago, anyone know who makes it?

cool.

ugly. but cool idea. it would have to be wireless before i think it would be for me. not to mention i still have to carry the damn thing around.

i guess there is no easy solution for me. maybe i'll just wait another year or so, and see if the mac boys decide to apease the unix side of their users.

Back