Copying movies with sub titles

bulan

Registered
Hi There,

I have been given a copy of a movie that has subtitles and I cannot get Titanium to copy the files, as it won't recognise the file.

Is there any programme that will allow an .avi & .srt or that will combine the both programme so I can burn on to a DVD to view

Regards

Bill HENNEN
bulan@fl.net.au

Subtitles are a problem. If you are doing a simple disc copy the subtitles are fine. If you have to do any ripping or PAL to NTSC conversion forget it. I talked to Roxio about this. They just said it cannot be done. VLC does not seem to help. I guess my question is where are the subtitles stored? I always assumed that they wewe part of the video but apparently not.

Before getting a media player, I burned/ hard copied subtitles to avi files all the time.
I tried every application I could find. The best application I found was http://www.ffmpegx.com/
On site 'how to's" are very thorough.

FWIW- Didn't have much success with the other sub file formats.
But it worked great for srt files. If you need to re sync audio track QT Sync, is pretty user friendly.

The question was about avi + srt. I never tried to input video_ts. According to the web site, you can.

input formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DIVX, XviD, non-encrypted VOB and VIDEO_TS, Quicktime .MOV, .DV, .WAV, Real Audio, Real Video, H.263, MP4 H.264, PGM, YUV, PPM, AC3, PCM8/16 bits, mulaw/Alaw, WMA-1/2, SUN AU format, MP2, MP3, AAC, 3GP, FPS1, ALAC, and even more formats

Handbrake will allow you to add external subtitles. Just open up the program, select your video. On the main screen, click the subtitles tab and then click add external SRT. Of course the only downside is that it has to then re-encode the entire file, but it gets the job done which can take some time depending on how compressed you want the file to be or how long the movie is.

Back