Copying System Icons

Flipsidejones

Registered
Hey...

I just recently got my powerbook, and reformatted/partitioned it so i could keep my OS's and data seperate (i sense that OS X seems to like fresh installs of major releases, and multiple partitions will help)

anyway, i moved my personal user directory over to the data partition by changing it in NetInfo or whatever... i left the rest on the main OS X drive (shared items and stuff)

I want to copy the icon from the "Users" folder on the OS X partition to the "Users" folder on the data partition, and it doesn't seem to work.

Help.

This should hopefully also apply to the "applications" folder icon, as i plan on moving that via either a symlink or alias (which method is better?) at some point in the near future.

Thanks...

Other than that, this stuff is great.

p.s. - as I am posting this in ie, i notice that the browse button by "attach file" is "aqua-fied" sort of... but in an ugly way. Meanwhile, the rest of the buttons look like OS 9. What's up with that?

testuser,

I'd prefer to have one big partition, but I have a Beige G3 which, as I understand it, requires OSX to be in a partition < 8 GB.

Do you, or anyone else for that matter, know what the reason for this is?

I can't get my Beige G3 to boot off of the 10.0 CD, so I have to move the HD to B&W G3 for install anyway.

Do you think I'd be able to put OSX on one partition of 60 GB and still run off that drive in my Beige G3?

Thanks,
Dave

Back