Corrupted Address Book 10.3.4

MLJ_osxcom

Registered
How can I fix this? What files to delete? Or how to reinstall Address Book defaults?

I never had used Address Book in OSX. I decided to try it on my on G4 running 10.3.4. I am uncertain but think Address Book was running before I did this.

I used Address Book Sync 1.0 (from Now Software) to sync my Now Contact data file >OSX Address Book. It seemed to run and finish.

When I double click on Address Book, nothing happens. Crash log indicates this:
Link (dyld) error:

dyld: /Applications/Address Book.app/Contents/MacOS/Address Book
Undefined symbols:
/Applications/Address Book.app/Contents/MacOS/Address Book undefined
reference to _NSAccessibilityDescriptionAttribute expected to be defined
in Cocoa
reference to _NSAccessibilityMatteContentUIElementAttribute expected to
be defined in Cocoa
reference to _NSAccessibilityMatteHoleAttribute expected to be defined
in Cocoa
reference to _NSAccessibilityMatteRole expected to be defined in Cocoa

Added note of interest, I also tried demo of StickyBrain3.01 which has feature to link to Address Book. Inside StickyBrain using this feature, it showed some of my data (which came from my Now Contact data originally) actually in the Address Book. But no way to access it, just listed the first few entries of the alphabet, ie a few A's, a few B's etc. But showed no data on it, just the names.

That is why I suspect Address Book data now corrupted.

Advice/comments/help appreciated.

Finally fixed it. Trashed all files for addressbook.xxx in ~/lib/appsupport/addressbook/ and replaced suspect corrupted Address Book app (original in 10.3.4 install I think was version 3.2???) with one from an older OSX install, version 3.1.1. Two other versions I found would also not run.

So I have it running on my 10.3.4 OSX install finally. Most frustrating getting it to run. Thanks to all.

Back