corrupted ipod... please help!!!

omc28

Registered
whenever i plug in my video ipod, it keeps saying "itunes has detected an ipod that appears to be corrupted..." i tried restoring its original settings and resetting my ipod but both didnt work.. what should i do?

Before formatting, revert back to iTunes Ver. 6.0.5.20 to have a try.
This is the sort of thing that seems to happen a lot starting with V7 of itunes.

If I recall correctly, just plug it into iTunes and under the iPod tab, select restore to put the iPod back to it's factory default settings.

This used to be it's own program when you performed updates to the iPod, but now it's included into iTunes. Typical reasons for this errors usually result in accidental bumps when the iPod is playing; causing read errors on the disk.

same thing happened to me this morning, i let it charge overnight, then i push play on it this morning and it freezes, i reset it, but that doesnt work, so i then plug it into my computer to go into itunes, there it tells me my ipod is corrupted and it will not let me restore it to factory settings in there because it does not recognize the ipod, please someone help me that has had this problem. i read in a different forum that if it says that it is corrupted that it is gone forever.... someone please help

If you are under warranty, you can take it back to Apple for repairs, or even if you are not under warranty that is an option.

If the usual restore does not fix the issue, it's very likely you have bad sectors on the drive for which it cannot repair.

You might be able to locate some hidden diagnostic mode for your iPod via Google. I'm sure a search for diag mode ipod will find out how to do this. Though be aware this will likely not help with the problem, but it might help clarify what the problem is.

Back