Could the TERMCAP entry be any weirder?

billbaloney

House pianist
Does everyone have this default TERMCAP entry?

<CODE><FONT SIZE="2">TERMCAP=d0|vt100|vt100-am|vt100am|dec vt100: :do=^J:co#80:li#45:cl=\E[;H\E[2J:sf=2*\ED: :le=^H:bs:am:cm=5\E[%i%d;%dH:nd=2\E[C:up=2\E[A: :ce=3\E[K:cd=50\E[J:so=2\E[7m:se=2\E[m:us=2\E[4m:ue=2\E[m: :md=2\E[1m:mr=2\E[7m:mb=2\E[5m:me=2\E[m: :rf=/usr/share/tabset/vt100: :rs=\E>\E[?3l\E[?4l\E[?5l\E[?7h\E[?8h\E[;r\E[0m\E(B\E)B\E[2J: :ks=\E[?1h\E=:ke=\E[?1l\E>: :ku=\EOA:kd=\EOB:kr=\EOC:kl=\EOD:kb=^H: :ho=\E[H:k1=\EOP:k2=\EOQ:k3=\EOR:k4=\EOS:pt:sr=2*\EM:vt#3:xn: :sc=\E7:rc=\E8:cs=\E[%i%d;%dr:</FONT></CODE>

What's up with this? Any explanations or historical insight?

While we're on it, I'd like to know what d0 is. Is this an OSX peculiarity, or a term I just haven't seen before? I know it doesn't exist in the termcap library....

Specifically, I'm having trouble installing rogue so it won't look at the TERMCAP env entry, which is too long. If I unsetenv the TERMCAP, rogue says it can't find /etc/termcap. And of course, because termcap is outdated and we should be compiling with ncurses.

However, I don't understand how to get it to compile with ncurses. This is the initial command in Makefile:

<CODE><FONT SIZE="2">CFLAGS = -c -DUNIX -DUNIX_SYS5</FONT></CODE>

Should I be altering this line to point it to ncurses?

TIA.

You might want to try removing
-DUNIX_SYS5
from your cc options.

MacOSX is derived from BSD, not SYS5.

I don't think this will fix you term detection problems though.

(Personally I prefer angband over rogue!)

All the best,
D

Back