Countdown To Orion 3

Sirtovin

Senior Switcher Tech Guru
Anyone else excited... it comes out in about 8 days for Mac. :) Masters of Orion 3 that is.

Really? That's cool. I thoroughly enjoyed the copy of MOO II that came with my beige G3 (shows how old it is, how overdue MOO III is). It's probably US$50, right?

Anyone got any comments yet? As good as IMG review say? Plays nicely with Jaguar? I really neeeeed a new game...

I really am not thrilled with this game... based on the fact that you have to do serious managment...

Star Control has been free now... :p the best classic space game ever in my opinion.

Originally posted by Sirtovin
I really am not thrilled with this game... based on the fact that you have to do serious managment...

Hmmm. How does it compare with, say, Civ, or Stronghold, or Age of Empires, do you think?

Originally posted by Lyra
Hmmm. How does it compare with, say, Civ, or Stronghold, or Age of Empires, do you think?

I have played Civ, and I would say... Civ is better than MO3, and so is AOE... I can't see the quality od MO3 since it is turned based... so is CIV, but there are alot more fighting options for AOE and CIV... as for Stronghold if it is anything like AOE I might buy it...

I have played Civ, and I would say... Civ is better than MO3, and so is AOE... I can't see the quality od MO3 since it is turned based... so is CIV, but there are alot more fighting options for AOE and CIV... as for Stronghold if it is anything like AOE I might buy it...

OK, thanks. I suppose I'll have to wait until the expansion pack for Tropico finally reaches the Mac and the UK, and then there's SimCity 4000 to come, as long as it actually runs, which 3000 never did. Nothing much else in the offing, it seems.

I really like Stronghold - in fact I played it non-stop - well, apart from work, that is - when I first got it. I like it better than AOE, in fact. And I still go back to Caesar III sometimes ...

Originally posted by Lyra
OK, thanks. I suppose I'll have to wait until the expansion pack for Tropico finally reaches the Mac and the UK, and then there's SimCity 4000 to come, as long as it actually runs, which 3000 never did. Nothing much else in the offing, it seems.

I really like Stronghold - in fact I played it non-stop - well, apart from work, that is - when I first got it. I like it better than AOE, in fact. And I still go back to Caesar III sometimes ...

What I would like to see Mac acquire is Age of Mythlogy... And it's SimCity 4 not Sim City 4000 :D another cool game would be a real Star trek game for mac... (I can dream)

another cool game would be a real Star trek game for mac... (I can dream)
What about Elite Force? Or do you want a strategy game?

Originally posted by arden
What about Elite Force? Or do you want a strategy game?

Elite Force was good... (PC version I had... but I was diappointed by its expansion pack...) plus the fact that Voyager his home makes no sense to continue it... unless they do a TNG Elite Force or DS9, or even TOS, or ENT...

And it's SimCity 4 not Sim City 4000

I knew that ... :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, yesterday I got an email from the place I get my games from, offering MoO 3 at £10 off with free delivery - I couldn't resist, so I'll find out for myself shortly. It may well end up on the 'never play it' pile (Alien Nations, anyone?), but at least I won't have wasted as much money!

What I would like to see Mac acquire is Age of Mythlogy...

I share your dream ...

Back