Counter Strike: Source

apocalypselat3r

Registered
I've tried Parallels, that turned out to be upsetting because Parallels doesnt support such games as counter strike: source. then, I tried bootcamp, you can see from my prior posts on the boot camp forum on this site (Please if you know how to solve me problem, please help; it says that it cannot move certain files over and that i may have to reformat my drive to a single mac extended drive or wtvr) , but I had no success. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO RUN COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE!! I AM FREAKIN OUT!!

p.s- I have everything that could possibly be required, very capable system, windows xp home edition...etc...

Well, Bootcamp is your best option. Other than that, you could get a PC.. but, that's not really an option. My advice would be to check out your thread on Bootcamp and post where you are now.. threads sink after a few days.

ok, just to verify, i can run counter strike source right? i mean, i have 2ghz intel core duo, 1gb ddr2 sdram- and it plays things like call of duty 2 fine. so i am willing to erase all my info, i have it backed up anyway. but can i run counter strike source?

I am going crazy about this! I HAVE 25 GB FREE!!! AND MY DRIVE IS EXTENDED JOURNAL SINGLE PARTITION WHATEVER AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I HAVE DONE TO MAKE IT TWO PARTITIONS OR MORE!!! I JUST WANT IT TO WORK!!!

Boot Camp is supposed to resize that Mac OS X partition in order for you to install Windows XP on another partition that can be formatted in either NTFS or FAT32 (whichever you decide to format it in when you're in the Windows XP installation). I've used Boot Camp and it was a pretty straightforward process if you ask me. Nothing too overcomplicated.

Its not complicated at all, but...I dont have more than one partitions or whatever, and i have no clue how I could have acquired one, nor do i fully know how to check. i think im gonna go into the apple store and get some help at the genius bar

Well, Boot Camp resizes the one OS X partition so that it has room to create the other partition for Windows XP, hence you end up with two partitions. If you format the Windows XP partition to be NTFS, you can only read the partition but not write to it (Microsoft's fault since it keeps NTFS locked up tightly from everyone else). If you format it FAT32, you can read and write to it from OS X but then you hit some file size limitations (files can only be 2GB in size and whatnot).

jesus, i JUST want this to work. i think im going to go into the genius bar to get help. cause ive just been hearing the same thing on these boards. thanks for the effort guys, but i havent gone anywhere. i am going insane over this, parallels was so easy, and bootcamp looks so easy too, i just cant get past the partition, and it tells me i have more than one partition or whatever...I DONT! it is insane. im going to the genius bar on friday

o wow, the partition worked thank god. the only problem now is...i have an upgrade version of home edition and proffesional, but i dont have like...the service pack i dont think. only upgrade editions. i do have windows 98 tho. that is service pack i belive. so do you think i can install 98 then do xp later on?

From apple.com:
Requirements

To use Boot Camp Beta, you need:

A full, single-disc version of Windows XP Home Edition or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later

Important: Your Windows XP installation disc must include Service Pack 2 (SP2). You cannot install an earlier version of Windows and upgrade it to Windows XP, nor install an earlier version of Windows XP and update it with SP2 later. See below for more information.
So, you need to get a full version with SP2. Some local computer stores might swap with your update disk, or they might not.

Back