countertrike

Sure, if someone makes an OS X port :) It could still be using linux only functionality that is either different, or does not exist in OS X. There are thousands of X11 applications that only work on the one OS they were written for.

Brian

You need at least the source code and then compile it yourself. I doubt that the source code is available at all. Even if it is it will probably not compile out of the box. If you are an experienced C/C++ programmer you could take the challenge to port it to OS X which certainly would be a major effort, however, you would need the source code anyway.

Originally posted by lavacano
there is a cs for mac somewhere over at sf.com, it requires the normal installation disk
yeah seriousely. where is cs for mac? i would like to know.

Let me help you guys out here:

*reaches for the troll alarm*

Wooop woooop woooop

CS will not be ported to the mac. It runs, first of all, on halflife which is PC only. Second, it uses DLL's which are OS specific. Quake 3 has multiplatform mods because it uses qvm's. Earlier quake-based games have platform specific mods.

Originally posted by Wise_Monk
;) so what is this about then?

wise_monk, remember: the internet is the sounding board for uninformed newbs. This guy knows nothing. There is no cs for mac. There never will be. Ever.

There are better mods out there; I recommend navy seals for quake 3. www.ns-co.net

i love counterstike to its s realisitic i also have hered about navy seals but i cant afford quake 3

counterstrike is not at all realistic. Not even close.

Quake 3 is $20 in the old pc games section at comp usa.

Back