crash proof or spoof update

shemina

Registered
I thought an update was in order since so many helped me try to solve the problem. But I suspect there are some who have no idea what this is about so I'll recap.

I bought a new imac flat panel 15" 700 CDRW and from the moment I turned it on it began crashing about 2-3 times a day--starting with the infamous blue/grey screen problem. Frustrated with Jaguar, I turned to this board and got lots of great tips while still trying to troubleshoot with Apple. I bought the machine on November 1st and by Dec 2nd I thought I was going crazy.

Now here's what happened: After countless hours on the phone with Apple being referred from one technician to another I finally pulled my wild card and succeeded. I demanded to have the machine declared DOA. I had to erase the hard drive and reinstall Jaguar to prove the continous crashes and after 2days of demanding a replacement they finally agreed. (They wanted me to have it serviced but knowing if you do that you forfeit DOA rights, I refused.)

Finally, someone took over my case and even gave me the number for his direct line so I could call with any question I may have!!!! Does anyone do that anymore? Fedex came and picked up my crashing mac and Apple sent me a brand new by Fedex priority overnight! Okay so they messed up the address and I had to demand Fedex put it in a cab and drive it 50 miles to me because it didn't leave on the truck going to my small town (far from civilisation). And when I got it the keyboard didn't work. Otherwise it's running great. I plugged in another imac keyboard (that I already had) and its been 24hrs without a single crash. Not even an application crash! Apple is sending me another keyboard overnight and they told me to give the busted on to an enemy for xmas. ;)

So, barring all the bad luck I've had, things are going well:eek:

but i should be too cocky; you never know when the gods might be watching...

Back