Create internal links in PDF (using Acrobat 7) from MS Office 2004

burning_jonny

Registered
Hi Folks,
I have been going nuts trying to figure this one out.

I have a simple Word 2004 document with some internal hyperlinks that I want preserved.

I am using Acrobat 7 Professional and, despite also having that virus-like PDFMaker toolbar, I can't see any way to get this working. It doesn't help that most of the help documentation refers to Windows rather than Mac.

I know I can go back into the PDF from Acrobat to add the links back in, but I have several large documents and am looking for a simple way to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Jonny

Did you ever figure this out? I have some links to some websites in my word document and the links never work in Acrobat 7.0 Professional. I have to manually create each link in Acrobat after updating the Word version and recreating the PDF. What a PITA.

If you or anyone else knows how to do this please reply!!!

The best thing to do is to not waste the time putting the links in in the Word document.

Microsoft doesn't want you to use PDF, they want you to use their DOC format for document exchange. Using PDF means that readers of your documents can be on any platform and don't have to buy any software, where as using DOC pretty much required that the reader buy some form of Microsoft software to view the document.

So anyone thinking that this is an oversight on Microsoft's part is mistaken... this lack of functionality is by design.

Back