Create your own games on MacOS-X

I wonder if it makes sense to play the games you created by yourself.. :confused:
However, should be fun to show off infront of friends. ;)

Hey, with the right tools, creating your on software is very rewarding. Besides, how many people do you know that actually use their software creations?

I tried it out and wasn't really that impressed. It's presentation and design is poor, and performance is not exactly what you'd hope for. Just my opinion from a half-hour spent playing with the example files, mind you.

If it could be easy as programming games on RPG Maker 1 for PlayStation 1. I'll try it out.
It better not be hard as RPG Maker 2 for PlayStation 2. RPG Maker 2 is waaay too hard!

If you really want to make games that are portable and run on a variety of platforms, nothing beats C/C++ and Allegro. Allegro is a game library that greatly simplifies all the mundane chores of game programming like setting the video mode, loading images, sound, etc.

The performance is great, the functions aren't as complex as something like DirectX, and its really portable. Definitely something the hobbyist programmer should try out.

Been try this out... It is not like RPG Maker 1 for PlayStation 1 programming.
If only there is a RPG Maker for Mac... (The legal version, of course.)

Back