Creating complex HTML E-mails

agusgriego

Partially Insane
What is the fastest way to create a complex HTML mail with images included in it?

I want to be able to create the e-mail with Dreamweaver and Fireworks and send it with Entourage, without having to attach all the images manually and touch the HTML code so the references to the images are equal to their attachment ID...

Thanks,

That's not possible. All your images need to be accessed via a web server. There is no "path" to attached images that is universal.

Better work out simpler mails, this thing you want to do is heavy for people who read the mail. It's tiring to have 30974897 images loading when you open mail. Maybe a solution could be: take a screen shot of your HTML layout in Dreaweaver or whatever, then save the shot in JPEG medium and send as attachment with short text description.

Funny, we've just finished a html e-newsletter for a large telcom (of whom none there can figure out how to use e-mails!)

Yep, we had to send it from outlook on pc, with all images referenced to our web server. Worked fine.

Guess I'll have to stick doing what I did...

Create the page with Dreamweaver, use an ASP script in a NT server that creates the mail, attaches the images, and then sends it...

I thought it was possible if I had a mac

Back