Creating PDFs in 10.4.2 from Quark Xpress

illuminations

Registered
I just received my new IMac yesterday. It has 10.4.2 installed. I had an older IMac before. I initially transferred all of my applications over via fire wire, and I installed the latest version of the print driver. (I have a Canon IP4000) I am having trouble making PDf's from Quark Xpress. (Yes, I completely reinstalled Quark) The print dialog box is different now too. Is it because of the newer version of OS X? Has anyone experienced this and know what to do?

I am also having trouble with my mouse locking up or not changing. It is random. It seems if I exit what I am trying to do and then go back the cursor then appears.

You can save to a PDF directly from Mac OS X. In the print dialog there will be a drop down button which clearly says PDF. Just select that and click save as PDF.

Basically from nearly every application via the print dialog you can save data as a PDF. In the PDF properties of the saved document, it will just say the usual of Author: (Username) and Program: Mac OS X 10.4.x Hope that helps.

The mouse: Throw it out the window.

Back