Criticize THIS ! (website for my English teacher)

Curious...

Mrs Terry Halot, you see, is a high-end technology teacher, compared to most of the people around here. She's got a website. Of course she also has an office, a letter box, an email box, a dog and so on, but everyone just has.

Are there words missing after the last word above?

Also... in the shaded box, at the bottom of the page, I see that you've placed a space before exclamation points, and also before question marks. Is that done intentionally?

Edit:
Actually, the spaces are everywhere. I'm Using the latest public release of safari.

It should say "but so does everyone."

Do you have French class in France like we have English in America? It's for knowing how to read, write and interpret, not just learn the language.

"a space before exclamation points, and also before question marks. Is that done intentionally?"

French national typographic code asks for it. Strange, hm ?

"Do you have French class in France like we have English in America? It's for knowing how to read, write and interpret, not just learn the language."

In fact the text here is... fake text. It's just *automatic writing* to fill some sample paragraphs and lists in BBEdit and see how they behave on screen. It wasn't even read through again, some sentences may not be complete usw.

We sure have French class (from 12 yrs-old to 17).

'These were the good news' - 'This was the good news': 'news' is singular.

'... you gonna' should be 'you're gonna'.

Typo under 'a witty thing to do' - 'acces' should be 'access'. Later '... administration placing' should be '... place'.

'All the such': you're probably thinking of 'and suchlike', but it's a bit old fashioned. '... and so on', perhaps?

'... some similar word in French' - either 'a similar word in French', or 'something similar in French'.

'... that come to your mind' isn't really colloquial - 'that come to mind' is the usual phrase, but you really mean 'that you think of', I think, which has a slightly different nuance.

Love the Site Map - lol!

I'm no expert, but I'd suggest some things:

loose the arrows (make them bullets or leave them out)

Make my location clear (e.g. make the current tab white instead of the same color of the other tabs)

Oh and maybe you don't actually want links and titles having the same color ...

and you may want to put a TOP link somewhere at the bottom ...

Another thinghy: now you have as much whitespace between the end of a paragraph and the title of the next and the title and its own paragraph. You could increase the distance between paragraphs a bit (roughly to 1.5 - 2 times the distance between a title and its paragraph).

You have an enumerated list and two bulleted lists, with and without grey box, yo umay consider making that more homogeneous (e.g. no numbers, no boxes)

The Home-page bears as main title English Class, which is also the name on a tab ...

Well all I can say is: you asked for it! :D
... and you may return the favor! :)

loose the arrows (make them bullets or leave them out)
Hm... you mean they're just too risky bec. of bad Unicode handling ? Or is it a cosmetic problem ?

Make my location clear (e.g. make the current tab white instead of the same color of the other tabs)
Okay, I'll work on that, or at least get a breadcrumb somewhere on page.

Oh and maybe you don't actually want links and titles having the same color ...
Good point #1.

and you may want to put a TOP link somewhere at the bottom ...
Good point #2.

Another thinghy: now you have as much whitespace between the end of a paragraph and the title of the next and the title and its own paragraph. You could increase the distance between paragraphs a bit (roughly to 1.5 - 2 times the distance between a title and its paragraph).
I'm not very good at em handling, I'll improve that. Good point #3.

You have an enumerated list and two bulleted lists, with and without grey box, yo umay consider making that more homogeneous (e.g. no numbers, no boxes)
I'll get everything in grey boxes I think. And take off <ol> lists, no use after all.

Almost everything was fixed, incl. pathetic English mistakes. The arrows are still here, but the rest is (apparently) okay. I've rewritten some of the CSS file, and included a total paragraph trick those of you who do webdesign may already know.

All pages are now available from there:

http://zolico.homedns.org/thinkhybrid/web/terry/index.html

The tabs change color when active, there's a topofpage and a breadcrumb, etc... But I kept the arrows (dunno why, but I love them :D ).

I still don't understand why this site's tabs work in Safari, work in Internet Explorer, but won't work in Mozilla or in Windows MSIE... They display, but badly. :(
I'm working on that.

PS: some pages include the total hover paragraph trick by Stuart Robertson ;)

You've got those one-two line boxes here and there with little observations ...
Sometimes they're grey, sometimes not, sometimes they've got a border, sometimes not ... May I suggest you all make them grey with black border and possibly a N.B. before the text?

Looks very good! :)

Back