'cross over'

cbchoices

Registered
just installed 'Codeweavers.com -Cross OVer on my Mac MINI-
seems to give me the several programs I NEED without
a version of windows running on my OSX.

Anyone ELSE going this route??
thanks

I'd say save your time and look elsewhere. Crossover is a pretty poor solution, and many applications just do not run correctly under crossover. You can pick up a very cheap copy of windows XP these days, and you can run Windows XP from within OS X with a program like Parallels or VirtualBox which is free.

I'd say save your time and look elsewhere. Crossover is a pretty poor solution, and many applications just do not run correctly under crossover. You can pick up a very cheap copy of windows XP these days, and you can run Windows XP from within OS X with a program like Parallels or VirtualBox which is free.

Parallels, VirtualBox, and Crossover Mac will only work if this Mac mini is Intel-based. If it is, then you would probably be better served with Parallels or even VMware Fusion.

As for the PowerPC model, you can use DarWINE or run Windows in a VM session in something like Q. It won't be fast, but you'll be able to run your Windows apps in a Windows OS under a VM if that's what you need.

Back