CrossOver "can't open oreans.vxd driver" error

coolio2654

Registered
Maple Story has the same error on CrossOver, because it uses GameGuard.
Every time I start Global Mu Online (MMORPG) this error pops up. I did some research and it seems orean is a type of software encryption to prevent "reverse engineering" on applications using it. I know CrossOver uses some type of reverse engineering also on games to make them work. How do I get past this?

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 13
And, that's why I answered as I did - currently, your answer appears to be - "no current solution". Regrettably, that answer does not solve your problem. Although it serves many uses, Crossover is not yet the perfect replacement for real Windows. Maybe you should try your question at the Codeweavers support page? (How do you get past GameGuard with Crossover?)
Another option that would function better? Parallels Desktop; VMWare Fusion; or create a partition for Windows through Boot Camp.
Oh, wait! Those solutions mean you would have to install Windows. Yeah, that would do the trick! Much as it pains me to say it, sometimes you just need to have Windows (when nothing else seems to help).

Back