Cube ripoff!

That's the world's ugliest computer

However wasn't the apple cube a rip-off of the cobalt cube?

Was gonna make a joke about Rubic cubes but have decided against it ;)

There are some beautiful and SWEET PC Cases out there...

But what the heck was the guy who came up with this one smoking???
That is nasty!

Now seeing the Apple Cube again... I almost wish I bought that one instead of my current Mac - almost... I think that was the most beautiful Mac (heck - Computer?) ever... Too bad it's gone! :(

what so whenever a case is a cube shape now its a rip-off? apple wasnt the first to have a cube shaped case :rolleyes:

although apples was one of the best looking ;)

i have seen some very very nice looking cube cases out there too :)

Imagine a world where shapes were subject to copyright laws - you'd have some very intersting shaped computers.

Teh new Apple Polygon perhaps

;)

I think it's the fact that it's a cube - and they are using Apple's naming convention "iCube" that is just... well... why do people insist on placing "Kick Me" signs on their own backs? :p

Altho I doubt anything would happen since it looks nothing like Apple or Next's Cubes - it's just too fugly! :D

apples naming convention is all over EVERYTHING sheesh, look at half of our shareware and freeware... iEverything... the naming convention took over, is apple the first to use that naming convention? (honest question)

I didn't notice i-Anything before Apple started using (not saying they where the first, just that it's when I noticed), before that it was e-Everything...

It really annoys me that people name their products to sound like it came from Apple, am I the only one tired of seeing an "i" or "mac" in every software title? It might be great software - but no imagination! :p

The Windows side is worse... with everyone naming their software with the same version or "year" of the OS... 95... 98... 2000... XP (funny, I don't recall anyone using "ME")... at least they're getting out of the "years"...

i found the year convention to be easier, because you really know how old a software title is that says 95 afterwards, where unless you knew alot you wouldnt know right off the bat how old photoshop 2 is ;)

yeah i everything and e everything etc is getting annoying :eek:

Originally posted by BuddahBobb
i found the year convention to be easier, because you really know how old a software title is that says 95 afterwards, where unless you knew alot you wouldnt know right off the bat how old photoshop 2 is ;)

Hey! Unreal and Unreal Tournament will live forever - Unreal 2003 will get old quick! heh :D
Just kidding! :)

thats another way of looking at it ;)

but it would suck looking for their copy right dates to see when they came out ;) :)

on another note

unreal 2003 basically told me i need a new pc lol

that game is intensive graphically :eek: oh well, looks to be fun :)

LOL!!!
What it (combined with a few others I want to get) told me I need to get back to work and make some $! :)

WinXP combined with Macromedia Studio MX told me I needed a new graphics card on my PC too! (My PC at the office, using the company's MX License)

Shesh! :)

Hmmm... on that note - anyone want to buy Windows PC Games? I want to sell them off, and rebuy any Mac versions I want to keep. If interested, PM or Email me for a list.

Wait, what was the topic of this thread again? I forget! :D

to be honest, winxp doesnt rely a whole lot on the video card

but studio mx might ;)

what games you got?

Novell also have adopted the iNaming convention, with titles like iFolder. Frankly I think a lot of it has gone off the rails. A program title really should give you some idea of what its purpose is.

The other naming convention that annoys me is the habit of tacking "Pro" onto a software package. The only forgivable one being DVD Studio Pro - which is just that, a package for producing DVDs for professionals. But what the hell is Alarm Clock Pro for?

So should Apple sue Sony for making it's PS2 look like NeXt computers?
How about Dell for black computers and make the wintel laptops pay royalties?
Or take care of microsoft for making a windows media center promo?
If someone wants to clone the cube let em. I don't recall Apple using it lately.

Back to the cube topic...
I always thought that if your going into space the cube would be the best option for a small shuttle. On a more realistic note though, I wish I had bought one to be a music server. I would probably just set it all up right next to my tv. Mmmm Apple Cube.

OMG! What on earth is that UGLY thing? Aluminum industrial looking toaster? My electric shaver looks nicer than that!

Back