Cubs...

Hidden Gekko

3 Years and 100 Posts 0_o
*sob* Poor cubbies :(

I hardly even watch baseball, and I dont even watch any other sports, but I do have a thing for the Cubs. They got cheated last night and could have won... I live in Florida but don't really like the Marlins... Cubs will win next year, you'll see.

yea, sorry about that. i guess cubs fans now have one more thing in common besides an appreciation of Dusty and Lofton. like you said - next year.

Originally posted by Hidden Gekko
They got cheated last night and could have won...

How were they cheated? They self-destructed.

If you are talking about the fan incident, it shouldn't have mattered.

What I find funny is that people are blaming this guy. For more than 20 years my family had season tickets over the Padre's dugout, field level, three rows up. In that time, never... NEVER did I look at the field or players when a ball was heading in our direction. You keep your eye on the ball or you run the risk of getting hit (and not catching the ball).

Was this guy the only one reaching for the ball? NO! I counted 6 other people reaching for the ball also.

What would you have done? A baseball is coming down right at you. Do you:

• (a) look up and watch the in coming ball?
    (b) look straight down (in the completely opposite direction of the in coming ball) at a player below you (that you don't know is there?

I have watch people get hurt when they didn't see the ball coming at them. He had to watch the ball. When he saw he had a chance at it, he had every right to reach for it.

:rolleyes:

On a side note, I thought it was interesting that the Chicago Sun-Times was the paper that posted his identity. Wasn't that the same paper that first publish the CIA agent's name? They seem to have some issues there.

Attachments

• reaching.jpg
    reaching.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 13
any cubs fan that doesn't let it go is just plain a jerk. what they are doing to the man is criminal. the game wouldn't have been lost if the players on the field were doing everything it takes to win. a game does not hinge on one foul ball. more blame should be placed on that shortstop that muffed an easy one hopper than on the poor fan. but there's eight other guys out there as well. teams win and lose games - not single events. chicago fans need to get a grip.

It surprises me that no one pointed out the ball wasn't playable anyways. I seriously doubt that the fielder could have got it.

Just reaffirms the Chicago fan thing...they're crazy about their sports.

Back