Current take on Microsoft serious security flaw...

uoba

Re: member
For those that don't know, there has been a serious security flaw in Microsoft's SSL in all utilised apps. The flaw was also apparent in Mozilla (i think) but was fixed almost overnight, whilst M¢ denied it being serious.

Here's the registers article about the current state of affairs:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/26972.html

He he, theregisters workaround was a laugh... Windows users should use Mozilla for browsing and e-mails in the meantime:p

hey....my pc is named "The Wintendo Box" :)

Security flaws and Microsoft always go hand in hand and sometimes it's absurd how they just brush them off. Like the whole open sockets issue in XP and the UPNP in winME...it's just horrible how they ignore issues that are dangerously serious and could cause an end user a shi*t load of problems if someone takes advantages of the security flaws. =/

As surely as the sun will rise and set, there will be serious security flaws in Microsoft software, especially Windows.

You would not believe how many people told me that WinXP would be the end of the MS security debacle....

They don't say much about it anymore and neither do I - shooting fish in a barrel is no fun :D

of course, they know that even before XP launched I very confidently told them that it would change nothing....

Originally posted by Javintosh
You would not believe how many people told me that WinXP would be the end of the MS security debacle....

They don't say much about it anymore and neither do I - shooting fish in a barrel is no fun :D

of course, they know that even before XP launched I very confidently told them that it would change nothing....

Quote from another... "Just like the sun would rise and the sun would set"... M$ will always be like that. This is written into the genetic codes of the boss of M$ to produce an OS like this. He needs bugs to make money. LOL.

Back