Custom Tower using OSX

DarkSorrow

Registered
i have a neighbor that build his first custom tower and using OSX on it. it all intel-based stuff. he got OSX working on custom tower and proceed to update the OSX, but after updating, the OSX refused to boot.

I suspect it was the way of EFI work because that tower rely on BIOs. It Intel processor. anything what in PC, is the same in that custom tower. So he able to play game on 4.1 Tiger, but i know some system is not properly patched and will risk it. So is there a way to get EFI booting work on BIOs? a way around it?

I dont mean he build the custom tower the first time, he did it many time for window, but it his first time to have a custom tower for OSX mainly.

Now, if you're in the retrofitting mood, you could find yourself the parts of a PowerPC Mac and put them in an ATX case. However, it wouldn't be that practical. You could probably just get an actual PowerPC based Mac for a lot less than the cost of the parts and an ATX case.

But as for running OS X on a stock x86 PC, it's illegal and discussion of it is prohibited on this forum.

Back