Cute easter egg found...

ilo

Registered
Do this to your colleagues' 5G64 macs!!

Create a new folder on the desktop, if you don't want to mess up a folder.

Open the new folder, show the toolbar, select 'list view'.
click on 'kind' to re-sort the (empty) list, then on 'size'. The width of the 'name' field will shrink.
Continue doing this until it does not shrink any more. Close the folder. Now you will not be able to select the 'list view' for this folder.

Hehe..

*Cough* seriously, this is a bug. Apple needs to fix this.

Not only that, but if you then move a file to the folder, you will never bo able to see that file, in any view...

A real Easter Egg is holding option and shift and the minimizing or maximizing a window it makes it go in slow motian.:D

According to whatis.com:

An Easter egg is an unexpected surprise, perhaps a message, an image, or a sound, hidden in a Web site or in an application program.

I don't think any of these things are "hidden" per se. One's a bug, and the slow minimize thing is a know feature that Steve has demoed before. An Easter Egg would be if you get info on your hardrive, and if you click on the right spot, a pciture of Bill Gates head rolls across the screen.

But I guess it depends on what your definition of "is" is :)

F-bacher

The "list-view" is a nifty little bug. Maybe it's time I gave my brothers HD a little suprise. :evilgrin:
Nah, I'm not mean. :)

If you hold down the option key and hit the minimize button, all windows for that application are minimized together. Very cool.

Good thing I did not read ablack6596's post carefully. =`}

Javier
PS>You can do the slow minimize while holding only the shift key.

A real Easter Egg is holding option and shift and the minimizing or maximizing a window it makes it go in slow motian

Well... no - you only need to hold down SHIFT for that...

but holding down option, does that minimize ALLA windows in slowmotion? let's check...

but holding down option, does that minimize ALLA windows in slowmotion? let's check...

Ya it does only for minimizing though not maximizing.:)

Holding down OPTION + MINIMIZE minimizes ALL windows of said app.

It would be nice if the reverse were true - namely, holding down OPTION + click on a Docked Window would maximize ALL wondows of an APP.

Anyone else interested? Please send feedback to Apple.

Have fun!

Considering that hiding windows is a colossal waste of time...

Hide, move the cursor all the way to the Dock, unhide...

You might as well just send it to the back and bring it back by using the contextual app menu in the Dock (which is so far the only thing about the Dock which I find useful).

Seriously, how useful is it to batch-hide windows?! Wow, I can make the Dock stretch to the width of the screen and make the icons really, really small!

I would really like to know why this is useful. You could just option-click a background app to hide the current app instead of filling the Dock with useless items.

Back