cycling through multiple browser windows

DocNightfall

Registered
I use firefox for browsing. Right now I'm using Firefox 3. When I was using Windows, I used multiple windows for browsing, because it allowed me to use a single keyboard shortcut (alt+tab) to cycle through everything: all of my open documents, several open folders, the music player, and my dozen or more browser windows.

Now I have to use two different shortcuts to get by: cmd+tab to cycle between programs and cmd+` to cycle through windows of a single program (unfortunately this second shortcut doesn't give any visual cue as to the order that windows will cycle, unlike the old alt+tab, so you don't really know beforehand how many times you should press cmd+`).

It's not so bad... unless I have to use the internet! There seems to be no way to cycle through Firefox 3 windows. I have the xcode tools but really no knowledge of how to use them to make things happen. Does anyone out there have a fix that will make cmd+` work in Firefox?

Something's awry in the land of your computer... command-` works perfectly for me for cycling through windows in FireFox 3.

Could it be that you turned off the keyboard shortcut for command-` in the System Preferences? Does this shortcut work in other programs? Also, are you trying to cycle through FireFox windows, or tabs? To cycle through tabs in a FireFox window, you can use control-tab.

It seems there was just a glitch. I reassigned many of the other keyboard shortcuts and I experimented with using a few other keystrokes for the "cycle through windows" command but then I decided to change it back to the default cmd+`. Then I downloaded firefox and it just didn't work.

I restored the default keyboard shortcuts and reassigned the others. I kept cmd+` as is.

And it works now. Yay!

Back