Cycling windows of the same app.

egilDOTnet

master of disaster
I have read a couple of places on the web that there is some sort of key combo to switch between the windows of one application (not between applications), but I have never gotten these combos to work.

Anyone with any luck here, and if so, what combo is that?

Btw, I am using a localized keyboard, a Norwegian one. Does this alter the behaviour of these combos?

Yes, there is a system-wide key combination to cycle windows.

The command is Command-Shift-` (that's the key right to the left of the 1 key, on a US keyboard anyway).

I'm not sure if your keyboard layout will affect the combination, but try using the equivalent on your keyboard. All I know is this works on my computer (in Mac OS X, of course).

It's like asking what is the key command for the preferences. It's application specific. There is a common key combination, Command-`, but no one forces developers to use that...

I have tried virtually all combos on my keyboard, and cannot get the cmd-' or cmd-shift-' combo to work. I've tried in OmniWeb and Mail, and neither seems to recognize this.

Too bad, I really hate that I have to use the window menu or the finder to change windows, its both annoying and takes too much time.

Any other good suggestions?

Hmm, I see now that its the "`" char you were referring to, not "'". The char left of 1 on my keyboard is "'", while "`" is found by pressing shift and the char left of backspace, then it comes up in yellow, for "bundling" with another char, eg. to create ì, ù etc.

That might be what OmniGroup is referring to in that link above as well, that it does not work on my localized keyboard I mean... argh! Anyone know of a way to configure the keyboard around this issue?

I can't get it to work on my German Keyboard either.

In IE, the combination for toggling between windows is Command- ~

The '~' on a German keyboard is option-N.

So I have to press Command-option-N. Not quite nice to press with one hand. It hurts! :eek:

Back