D-Link DWL-122 USB Adaptar won't let me connect to network

Masamune

Registered
Hey,
I had this ordered by my local computer store, on the box it says complatible with Mac OS X 10.2x or later, which i assume means from then to now but when i plug it up to my mac mini (10.3.7) it finds the network but will not always connect as an access point, sometimes it does but it won't let me use the internet even when it does, also sometimes it won't see when i connect the dongle to the computer and another things is that it can sometimes freeze my computer if i unplug the dongle. I don't understand what could be wrong with it because i have used all of the troubleshooting tips included with the hardware, any help with this problem or suggestions of other...dongles (?) i could use will be gratefully recieved :)

I have that same D-stink on a G3 Ibook and it blows. I found an updated driver that helps, pm me and I'll send it to you if I can find it. but I still have to count to five and cross my fingers every time I pull it out of the usb and get the screen of death. dlink stopped supporting mac products, and I found out why.

I have the latest driver for this product but it still won't work, it has changed the wireless device to say somthing else i can't recall at the moment and still won't let me connect to the internet.
It doesn't find my wireless device but still find the network which i find very odd.
Any suggestions before i go out and buy a 40ft ethernet cable?

Back