D-Link DWL-122 with Mac OS 9

#1 Rhapsody

Mac Guru
Is it possible to use the D-Link DWL-122 USB adapter with Mac OS 9? I know there is know offical drivers but I would like to know if there is another way.

Thanks in advance

I too have a DWL-122 and am trying to get it to work with my Bondi Blue iMac running OS9. Any clues to where to get drivers, or even other adapters using the same chip set we can use their drivers.

Thanks

As far as I know, the only type of wireless that is available for Classic Mac OS is 802.11b. I know that there are some wireless PC cards for the PowerBooks that work (like this one from MacWireless and some of the Cisco Aironet cards), but not sure about any USB adapters that have compatibility with Mac OS 9 or earlier.

Your best bet would be to get something like an Ethernet wireless bridge. Here's a list of them:
http://www.google.com/products?q=wi...a=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

It is a 802.11b wireless adaptor. If you could make the right drivers, would it work?

You'd have to rely on the company to make the drivers for you. And since OS 9 has long been abandoned by major developers and even Apple itself, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Your only option might be the wireless ethernet bridge.

Back