D-Link DWL-G122 wireless ethernet adaptor ?

michaelsanford

Translator, Web Developer
http://www.dlink.ca/product.php?PID=286

I was told by the (very knowledgeable) guy at my campus computer store that the D-Link DWL G122 USB wireless ethernet adaptor will work with my iBook clamshell (USB 1.1) and Mac OS X.

However, as you can see from the product page, it doesn't explicitly list Mac OS as being compatible.

Does anyone know if this device wil work for me ?

I want to get this because it costs around 80 $, whereas an AirPort card will cost me 140 $ because it's been discontinued. Since I'll only be using wireless on campus it doesn't make much sense to spend that kind of money...

I have a D-link dwl-122 and it will lockup my computer after about 3 minutes of use, every single time.

All I know is, im not buying dlink again.

remember, yhe clamshell mac has a big clamshell... alot of little flashdrives and smaller usb peripherals wont fit into the usb port because of the stylish rubber surrounding it. You may have to always use an extension cord.

Thanks for the tip, very useful to know.

I have a D-Link DI 604 wired router and I swear by it (especially when compared to the SMC Barricade my dad uses, piece of ... junk).

I managed to make some calls later this afternoon and find an AirPort card for a pretty reasonable price, new, because they bought too many before they were discontinued I suspect...just gathering dust on the shelf they were happy to unload.

Back