Dammit, I HATE Handspring now.

Bluefusion

Into the Breach
I HATE HANDSPRING.

My Visor Prism's connector on the bottom, used for RECHARGING (among other things) fell inside the unit for no apparent reason as the case just randomly fell apart... so of course, I could snap it back together but couldn't charge the battery, which is pretty stupid, so I sent it back to Handspring, with the explicit instruction that they REPLACE the unit instead of giving me the same one again, because this unit's problems went way beyond the connector being broken... it crashed all the time, stopped HotSync in the middle for no reason at all, and just overall has been a tremendously annoying waste of my time. It has no Flash RAM, so I can't upgrade to the new Palm OS, and it's now looking really stupid and clunky in comparison to Sony and Palm's new offerings...

So I called Handspring, arranged for a return, get a "new unit" back (looks all fresh and clean but the screen seems a bit strange and the case has a strange feeling to it)... after three days all the new paint wears off, it looks as beat up as ever, and it's still my OLD unit, with all of its original problems, minus the connector issue. So now I call Handspring back, and am informed that they will only replace the unit if I pay $25. Otherwise, they're happy to continue repairing it until I get tired of calling them back. So, I spent $450 on this POS and I have to pay another $25 to restore it to working condition (tonight it crashed and I lost all data that was on there) ? Now it will not reset without crashing...

This is friggin' PATHETIC. Can't Handspring even give me back the CURRENT price of the Visor Prism (now a measly $300) considering that they've already made $150 off of me anyway, so that I can buy a new Palm or CLIE? I mean, what is with this?

Am I just ranting, or does it seem really unfair that less than a year after the purchase of this, and still within warranty, Handspring wants me to pay $25 to repair a unit that they assured me beforehand would be repaired for free? And that even when I get a new one back, it's still a crappy old Visor Prism that I really don't want at all? (I'd much rather have a Palm m515 or Clie NR series).

I HATE HANDSPRING. They make cheap, boxy-looking crap, won't support it, and then demand that you pay MORE money to fix it, even if you're within warranty-- whoever heard of "pay" warranties?

Break it to an unfixable condition and send it back. Then they'll probably be forced to send you a new one, free :D

Hmmm.... well, screen replacement isn't covered, so I can't break the screen... I could damage the Springboard pins, but I doubt any kind of deliberate damage would actually be covered under warranty--with these goons, I bet they'd still want you to pay the $25--plus parts costs as well! LOL :)

Back