Damn! This site is fast... (under Windows)

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
When it comes to cleaning up this place, I am going to switch to my Windows XP box... man... you'd almost think I really had a broadband connection... oh wait, I DO!

:)

I still love my Mac (3 of them). :)

Admin

Yeah, sadly IE and OmniWeb are very slow. The difference is much worse on sites with very large pages like /. .

You might try Mozilla. It's much faster than the other two I just mentioned. I'm not using it much because I find it to be a big pain to move my bookmarks around.

I always thought this site(and others) loaded pretty fast on my broadband connection, with IE 5.1.3 with OS X.1.2

just downloaded Mozilla, Opera and Omni. Mozilla takes the cake. granted Omni has the best gui, n opera has the most features... this is the overall best.

They load fast enough but Mozilla is much faster. And the Mach-o builds of mozilla are even faster. They are just development builds right now and they have lots of bugs, but they are being worked on. They will eventually become the main os x builds.

Originally posted by julguribye
Opera 5 is out of beta, but NOT carbon anymore!?
And where is Opera 6 for Mac? Come on Opera!! Why?!

The carbon version of Opera 5 was being worked on separately from the classic version, so that's the main reason. Hopefully, it does mean that the carbon version will be out soon.

I'm not really too worried about not having Opera 6, either. I have it installed on my fiancee's PC, and there aren't extra special features (as far as I'm concerned). It has tabs like Mozilla 0.96 and up, but that's about all I've noticed. Oh, and it's got an instant messanger and e-mailer. Yeehaa.

I find MacOSX.com to be extremely fast in OW 4.1 sneakypeek 42 in OS 10.1.2. It's much faster than most other forums, including the MacAddict forums and Macfora (although Macfora's pretty fast too.) I am extremely happy with the speed of MacOSX.com; it's much faster than when this site was press3.com. :)

Adam.

Just downloaded Opera 5 and I love it. The scrolling is awesome and speed and reliability is much better than in IE. What's up with Mozilla - who the hell cared. Anyone notice how long it takes mozilla or Netscape 6.2 to start? I don't have all day.

G

Back