Damn you Apple

voice-

Registered
I was supposed to have the iPod before christmas eve...this didn't happen. The thingy was ordered 15th of December, but Apple takes 15 working days to ship and it takes 4 days in the mail before getting here...
Even though all those Apple-products are designed in California and assembled in Ireland, they seem to be stacked in Asia, or like the lady on the phone said, 'Aishiaah'...I'm expecting it here by the 17th...this takes too long. Over 1 month waiting time for an iPod...

That is ridicules. When I ordered my iBook (through the campus bookstore) it only took about a week to arrive. Maybe your long wait time can be attributed to the holiday season, but a month is still a bit much.

I ordered my iPod on a Monday, and got it by Friday that week; mine was shipped from Taiwan. I was itching to get it all week. I sympathize with you for wanting to get your hands on your own iPod, but it seems a bit unusual that the order has taken that long. I have always gotten my Apple products within a week of ordering, including Mac OS X and Mac OS X Public Beta.

Customs is "ramdomly" doing more intensive searches of goods coming in the country due to the effects of 9-11. My Uncle created a new tool for drywall and had about 10,000 coming in from Taiwan. They were held up in Customs for three weeks in California.

Don't know if this is why your iPod was delayed, but it's a possiblity....

its all because they have to tromp thru 9 feet of snow to get it to voice's norsk doorway:D

i'm not sure we americans should judge what is appropriate for delivery in the international market. different countries have different standards and different obstacles.

still, i feel for you voice. i'm sure you were expecting better. i'm sure no reason, good or not, is going to make you any happier until it gets there. so hang in there and stay inside where it's warm!! heard you had below 0 weather recently!!:cool:

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
its all because they have to tromp thru 9 feet of snow to get it to voice's norsk doorway:D

i'm sure no reason, good or not, is going to make you any happier until it gets there. so hang in there and stay inside where it's warm!! heard you had below 0 weather recently!!:cool:

Seriously, I laughed till I fell off the chair...and below 0 isn't unusual, this is actually a pretty hot winter...almost like summer

Did you order it from the Norwegian Apple Store? For 4500NOK (aprox. $500)? [expensive, isn't it?:( ]

btw, is all Apple products assembled in Ireland? On the backside of my G4 it says: "Assembeled in Ireland"

Originally posted by julguribye
is all Apple products assembled in Ireland? On the backside of my G4 it says: "Assembeled in Ireland"

I think so, iPods are assembled in Ireland, G4s are, iMacs are...it seems they design it in California, assemble them in Ireland and then stuff them all in Aishiaah where it takes them 15 days to dig one up again...ironically, both my friends iMac and my G4 came here a lot faster(under 1 week)

Just when you thought it was all OK, I felt like whining a bit more.
The damn pod is still not here.
This is the last time I order Apple hardware from Apple directly, from now on I'll go by Macxicon or some other store...
APPLE SUX!!!
PS: Hope some Apple-workers read this

My friend, who deals with Apple hardware, ordered five iPods for a company which should have been christmas presents for the managers there. He ordered them two weeks before christmas. They haven't arrived till now.

Did you order it from the Norwegian Apple Store? For 4500NOK (aprox. $500)? [expensive, isn't it?:( ]

btw, is all Apple products assembled in Ireland? On the backside of my G4 it says: "Assembeled in Ireland"

Nip, some products are assembled in Ireland (uhm, only the G4's, I think), some in USA, I think (the old iMac? I'm not sure), and some in Taiwan (e.g. the iBook and the new iMacs. :)

BTW, the iPod doesn't cost more on the Apple Store than on macxicons.no, and I doubt macx get the iPods before Apple in Ireland (where the products from the norwegian Apple Store ships from) ;)

Just to point out ..the iPod is assemblet in Taiwan...as it says behind the shell... so no Ireland at all

Andy

Dosen't matter, 37 days is still enough to send it from the moon, if that'd be where Apple assembled them.
And kvs, macx.no are indeed more reliable than this.

Well... iPods are assembled in Taiwan.

I am no worse than you! I live in Hong Kong, which mean where should be much closer to Taiwan. But I ordered my iPod on Dec 2, and also via a internal Apple staff... But it was shipped on Dec 29, finally!

I think there should be too many Mac folks lovin' this toy and place too much order (is it 120k??)... :) it should be good anyway!

just got my sparking new iPod, it took exactly 14 days and it's assembled in Taiwan. No problems with me.

Where did you order it? Apple Store? :)

Back