Darwine

supanatral

Registered
I'm trying to run Darwine so as to install Windows applications on my Intel macbook pro. My problem is that when I try to launch one of the test programs that come with it, it says that I need to install X11, but when I try to install it, it says that I have a newer version of X11 installed. I'm running Mac OSX tiger 10.04.8 if that helps. Thanks guys

You need to install X11 from the installer on the OS X installation DVD. The downloadable X11 installer from Apple is for OS X 10.3.9

I installed X11SDK.pkg on the CD and it installed correctly, but when I'm still recieving the same error when I lauch notepad for instance.

I got it working but when I launch the programs I got with it, I get a load of errors and I figure there must be a reason for all the errors below because they wouldn't have made a program without including all of its dependancies in the dmg file.

Wine cannot find the FreeType font library. To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": dlopen(/Volumes/Darwine x86-0.9.12/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/wine/winex11.drv.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/Darwine x86-0.9.12/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/wine/winex11.drv.so
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library. To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": dlopen(/Volumes/Darwine x86-0.9.12/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/../bin/../lib/wine/winex11.drv.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/Darwine x86-0.9.12/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/../bi
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": dlopen(/Volumes/Darwine x86-0.9.12/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/../bin/../lib/wine/winex11.drv.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/Darwine x86-0.9.12/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/../bi
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Unknown error (127).
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": dlopen(/Volumes/Darwine x86-0.9.12/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/wine/winex11.drv.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/Darwine x86-0.9.12/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/../lib/wine/winex11.drv.so
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Unknown error (127).

Hi

I installed Darwine on my mac. But i always gets an error like exe has exited with an error, have a look at the Log window...

what will i do?

please i need your help.

Back