Dashboard Development

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Hi All!

Hey... I don't have 10.4, nor am I aware of how easy or difficult it would be to create a Dashboard app, but I have an idea, and if one or more people want to help, that would be awesome.

If your interested, send me a PM.

Thanks.

I'd be interested to work on a dashboard app - but I'm not a Tiger Preview developer, so until 10.4 is released, it's not happening for me.

Ah well.

From what I understand writing a Dashboard widget is not much more complicated than writing a web page.

as i understand it it is a wbpage withou the need of a browser and priviliges to interact with the user library.

Dashboard is the browser. A widget (not an app, really) contains XHTML pages and JavaScript code, mainly, AFAIK. Haven't really looked into it, but you can download some widgets at thedashboarder.com and take a look inside the packages.

Im thinking of something that would give our techs direct access to new and recent tickets without having to log into our question system. So, basically, just a widget that holds a username/password and would just parse data from a given url formatted in a way that is best for the widget to parse.

I'd love to help out with making widgets, but i dont really know much nearly anything about javascript and xhtml. But if anyone needs like some sort of graphic for their widget feel free to ask me, i can do some pretty mad aqua stuff.

Maybe macosx.com should form a widget making group ???

I'm pretty well versed in both JavaScript and XHTML.

A lot of the examples on the dashboarder run in Safari already - they're pure JS and XHTML. Others use Cocoa integration I think.

If I can help in any way, PM me :).

Back