Dave causes a kernel panic.

buc99

Don't Tread on Me!
I was getting a kernel panic when using dave and Netbarrier. I removed netbarrier and dave worked without kernel panic. I then thought the problem was Netbarrier. Boy how I was wrong. The problem lies in thursby's software. I can get DAVE to work correctly, but when I try to rsync a mounted volume (either mounted with cifs and DAVE or with smb) I immediately get a kernel panic from the thursby software and have to reboot. So if anyone here knows a fix, I would appreciate it. I don't want to have to remove DAVE, because I need it for work.

Thursby should have worked out the bugs a little more before releasing the new DAVE.

Thanks,:)
SA

DAVE 3.1 is not compatible to Integos NetBarrier. If you have NetBarrier running DAVE will give you a kernel panic. This is a known bug and they are both working on it. The only workaround is to remove NetBarrier if you want to have DAVE running.

I already removed netbarrier. The kernel panic now happens when I'm connected to my network backup (which is on a W2000 machine), either by smb or DAVE, and I try to use rsync from the the command line to backup.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
SA:)

Fixes the kernel panic. What I did is reinstall dave without putting in any wins or domains then restarted. After booting up I installed the Update and then configured Dave with the settings appropriate to the NT-Domain I have at work. Seems to work with no problem at all. Even though I am not at work right now so I can't really test it but I have not had a panic yet.

Back