DAVE for OSX

HyperLiteG4

Registered
Anybody get Dave for OSX yet? I just saw on VersionTracker that is was released....I'm gonna download it when I get home. It's freeware! what a surprise!

It's for sharing PC drives/printers on a network.

The free version isn't complete, and it isn't supported. It's just a stopgapuntil the final version is ready

Originally posted by tismey

The free version isn't complete, and it isn't supported. It's just a stopgapuntil the final version is ready

I doubt they'll release a supported version. With 10.1 to have a built in smb client it makes little sense.

Also, I got a kernel panic (which i've never had before) when I connected to a remote drive and its really slow to access shared disk on my powerbook from the pc side. I think they had a long way to go before they finished it and gave up when apple integrated the functionality into osX (as it should be).

Kieron

Originally posted by tismey

I doubt they'll release a supported version. With 10.1 to have a built in smb client it makes little sense.

Also, I got a kernel panic (which i've never had before) when I connected to a remote drive and its really slow to access shared disk on my powerbook from the pc side. I think they had a long way to go before they finished it and gave up when apple integrated the functionality into osX (as it should be).

Kieron

Back