DBI.pm / Perl 5 Help

anothermacguy

Registered
Hello, I'm trying to install the mysqlman cgi script to manage my MySQL server. After installing the script, I recieved an error produced by the script, stating the following:

------
Error loading required libraries

Reason: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/mysqlman/ /System/Library/Perl/darwin /System/Library/Perl /Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/darwin /Network/Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl .) at /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/mysqlman/mysql.cgi line 2913.

1. It's likely that you do not have the module installed.
-----

Is this true? Is this module not installed in OSX? It shows where I can get it, but Iwanted to make sure that this was the problem. The cgi is supposed to be pointing to a version of perl 5.0.3 or higher - I have it pointing to /usr/bin/perl. I don't know if this could be the problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

---- from terminal.app

[localhost:~] markc% which perl
/usr/bin/perl
[localhost:~] markc% perl --version

This is perl, v5.6.0 built for darwin

Copyright 1987-2000, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'. If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

---------

ie: the perl version you are using is 5.6

you can run the Perl CPAN utility by typing:

[localhost:~] markc% perl -MCPAN -e shell

Though if you are installing for the system you would run this as root user.

after CPAN is configured, you should be able to install DBI by typing 'install DBI' or something similar, though whether it will install correctly on macosx is untested by myself. You will also need to get the mysql DBD driver.

I do not think either of those are installed as part of the standard Perl installation.

Cheers.

Great, thanks coal. I started to compile the modules it wanted me to compile, and two out of three went fine. The third, the mysql-modules, are not compiling properly. All the issues are detailed in the developer forum at osx.macnn.com.

Thanks again!

Back