Deactiving computer for music

Randman

HA! HA! HA!
Hi, I'm in the process of selling one of my iBooks. I've cleaned the system out and removed things I've bought from audible and iTMS.
However, I forgot to deactivate the iBook for purchased music. I'm at work now and unable to connect online with it to deactivate (when I do it now, I get an error saying can't connect).
Is there a file I can trash to do this? Or is there a non-online way to deactivate? Thanks.

if you have initialized the machine you will need to look at the second "note" at the bottom of that article in the previous post. you send an email and they will deactivate all machines for you. You can't do it if you wiped out a machine.

I'd say install iTunes, sign into your account, de-authorize the computer, and uninstall iTunes if you don't want it on there... this may require a reinstall of the OS, though, depending on what you've done already.

Apple stores identifying information about your computer on their databases so the Music Store can tell if your computer is authorized or not. That is why you can't play protected AAC files when you're not online, and why you can't just erase a file to de-authorize your computer (else everyone would do it).

I guess my thread wasn't completely read. If I could sign into my iTunes account (or connect to the Music Store), I wouldn't have this problem in the first place.
Anyway. re-installing everything for such a simple task is laughable. I just asked the dude who purchased it (same company, different departments) to deauthorize it as soon as he went online (I deleted all the purchased stuff first off anyway).
More than anything, I just didn't want to have that one hanging and only be able to authorize 2 nowadays.

Randman

Please forgive Arden. He sometimes makes a post prior to engaging his brain.

LOL, I sometimes do the same thing with my reverse gear on my car. :)

BTW, in case you care, I'm really the "J" Man in life.

Back