Dead G3 iBook

Afternoon Folks,

I got a phone call yesterday afternoon from my friend telling me that her iBook was refusing to boot up.

So I got her to bring it over last night and when I tried to boot it up it worked fine, apart from the fact that I didn't get the power on chime, but I am not sure if that is just cause she has the sound muted. To say she was not amused was an understatement as this laptop goes everywhere with her (in a nice padded enviroment).

We switched it off and tried to restart it again, this time all I got was the gray apple screen then we started getting very "flower power/lsd trip" type displays on the screen and thats as far as we got.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to try to rescue this or indeed what has caused it to start doing this?

MTIA

Sounds like a failing motherboard. Contact Apple, maybe it is included in a list of machines that qualify for a free motherboard replacement.

Sounds like a failing motherboard. Contact Apple, maybe it is included in a list of machines that qualify for a free motherboard replacement.

To be honest thats what I thought was wrong with it, I just wanted a second opinion. Will try to contact Apple see what they say. Could be a shiney new MacBook

Back