Dead iBook, DC / Powerboard issue?

Alex

Registered
history: My iBook started not being able to be charged or powered by the power adapter. I found out that the power board, had been damaged, that is, the pins insided the actual board were broken.

So I bought a new powerboard, installed it and it doesnt work...

It still does not power the iBook, and wont charge the battery either...

I have tested different ac adapters, and they dont work, but when I place a charged battery in my iBook it works, but again, no powercord will charge it.

So, what board, what plug, what did I do wrong... I've installed it twice, and made sure I have it pluged in right, it wasnt really all that hard to do, so I cant belive I might of screwed it up.

Any help would be great. thanks!

Alex

Well, no... because the thing doesnt turn on, unless I have my step brother charge my battery for me.

Unless Im missing something, would that even help?

Should I do it through the keyboard or take the iBook apart and take the battery out and put it back in?

(again, Im new to hardware stuff, this isnt my thing =D)

Update: I reset the PRAM, I also did a little power reset thing that Apple says to do, and that didnt help either.

I've been told by one techie guy that he thinks it could be the logic board, Im really hoping he's wrong because, well they are expensive.

Anyone with any thoughts?

So when you use an already charged battery your computer works just fine?

If that's the case it sounds like a power supply issue. There's a (fairly difficult to replace, and it's going to cost you) power supply in the iBook that has been known to go bad, but if your computer is working fine with the other battery I would suspect this to be the problem.

-Juxel

Back