Dead Man's Chest: Spoilers

speXedy

Think Different
Who here has seen the movie? I can't get over how many Empire Strikes Back things are in this movie.

What do you all think?

I saw it yesterday. Not bad :D
The curse of Black Pearl was the first pirate movie I enjoyed since I was maybe 5 years old ... since they didn't make any decent ones for ages. This one wasn't any worse (even though very strongly being a part 2 ...).

I think the first part was really good - the second one, was a bit to fiction-like, not very realistic anymore, but still very funny. The actors fit very well into the whole movie.

where are the spoilers? I was hoping to find something to spoil the movie for me here... :/

This is the first movie i have seen in theaters for a long time that has had a theater wide reaction to something (examples: the water wheel bit - laugh, and the tribal dude popping out of the tree - whole theater jumped in unison)

over all great movie

Well, then I have to ask some questions, I guess... :) The trailer(s) promised me quite a bit of "link" to the H.P. Lovecraft universe. So... Anything chthonic in this movie _besides_ the obvious links with tentacles etc.? Dagon or Cthulhu mentioned? Or did they just _borrow_ from Lovecraft.

Well, then I have to ask some questions, I guess... :) The trailer(s) promised me quite a bit of "link" to the H.P. Lovecraft universe. So... Anything chthonic in this movie _besides_ the obvious links with tentacles etc.? Dagon or Cthulhu mentioned? Or did they just _borrow_ from Lovecraft.

Well before I knew it was Davy Jones i thought it was Cthulhu, cause he certainly has the look of Cthulhu.

Hasnt seen it...yet

Erh... Yes. But from all other stories I know, the Flying Dutchman wouldn't have these chthonic features... He'd simply be, well, dead to start with. Then again, I might not have read every book about this. :p
I just hope that there's _some_ hint about Lovecraft in the movie.

Back