Decent free/low cost HTML & PHP editor?

Hrm. I like SubEthaEdit, personally. I couldn't find any screenshots on that site of the app you're talking about, but I think SubEdthaEdit will fit the bill nicely. It's free for non-commercial use and cheap for commercial. it color-codes code, is lightweight, and is just really polished all the way around.

http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/

subethaedit looks right on... thanks for that i dont do alot of version control stuff but if i did that would be the one....

i use bbedit. my fave by far.

andehlu- I would have suggested BBEdit, as I remember it from the old days... I used to use BBEdit Lite sometimes... but it seems they don't offer a "lite" version anymore and the real version is $200... which is hardly "free/ low cost."

But yes. Agreed. BBEdit is spiffy.

ya bbedit is a bit expensive but i buy it as that whats im comfy with now.... ive never tried textwrangler...anyone out there try it that can give us a quick compare to bbedit?

viro: ive never seen nvu before either....si this a freeware alt to dreamweaver or something?

TextWrangler is more or less an updated verision of the discontinued BBEdit Lite.
TextWrangler is considerably more modern and capable than BBEdit Lite. Among other things, it can open files from (and save them) to remote FTP servers, offers a significantly more powerful grep engine, supports multi-byte and non-Roman text files, can perform Find Differences on pairs of files, and can be invoked from the Unix command line.

Check out the BareBones website for all the features.

Back