Decreased Airport Range

Has anybody noticed that the recent updates to the airport has decreased the range? I thought the opposite was supposed to happen. My iBook and PowerBook now goes half the range that it did before I updated my airport. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

ian

Since I never have any problems with my Airport Base Station (White), I've never used any of the updates.

Hmmmmm, if it was just your powerbook, I would have thought it might be due to something else. I have read threads about increasing the range by unplugging the battery from the tibook and pressing the plastic side against the case. This is were the antenna is and pressing it against the case makes a better contact?!?! you should use search to find more details.
But since you got the problem with both books at the same time, I think you could really blame it on the update, eventhough everything is the same here after the update. For ibook and tibook...

actually, what's really weird is that my PowerMac G4 has full signal while my powerbook or ibook, sitting right next to the powermac, has no signal. could there be an interference problem?

There shouldn't be any interference. Did you just try turning off your powermac and powerbook and just test the ibook? The ibook should have a better range than the powerbook.
just for testing..

Back