Default Folder has me stopped dead

lbrandt

Registered
I upgraded to the recent version of Default Folder and did not immediately restart as suggested. DF is one of my start up applications and will not complete its startup - gives me the spinning beach ball and keeps me from killing it - Option/Apple does not work and I can't even get into Finder to Force Quit.

Assuming it was a corrupted preference, I used Apple/S during a re-boot to drop into the console window - a terminal in effect. I found the preference file in ~Library/Preferences - com.stclairsoft.DefaultFolderX.plist. Can't seem to delete it, even with sudo - wrong permissions, I guess. Currently they are rx-------.

Anyone have an idea how I can keep Default Folder from starting up long enough to drag the preference file to the trash? Or alternatively, anyone know what command I should use in console to delete the preference file?

The Shift key can also be used at login (without the need to restart) to temporarily disable any programs set to automatically launch in the Login Preference Pane.

bobw said:
Try booting holding the Shift key.

Got through the safe mode panel (printing services was last, I think). Then it went to a microsoft-like blue screen of death. The cursor moves, but there is nothing else on the LCD, no disk accesses that I can hear. Very strange.

Back