Delayed sleeping & waking problem

timoooo

Registered
Ho all,

I've got a G4 500 DP with 768mb RAM, 160gb (40gb Maxtor & 120gb IBM), Radeon 8500, running OS X 10.1.5. I've just bought myself a router as the resources of my main computer (the G4) were being drained by my Internet apps and I remembered my old Powerbook, so I'm now using that for large up/downloads. This means I no longer keep my G4 on 24/7 and I shut it down and put it to sleep much more than before. Whenever I try to put it to sleep, it occasionally goes into sleep with the first attempt. Sometimes, it'll be wide awake about 5-10 seconds later but most of the time, the monitor signal cuts but the computer isn't sleeping as I can still hear the fan but it falls asleep maybe a couple of minutes later. This is the most irritating part, when I return to use it and touch the keyboard, the monitor signal returns but the whole system (apart from the display) is frozen. The mouse won't even move the cursor. After about 80 long seconds, it'll be fine though. A couple of times (before I knew the Mac hadn't bombed), I lost patience with it and hit the power button. Does anybody know what's happening? For the benefit I'm getting from the sleep comand, I may as well be shuting down. It's not a huge problem, just a bit annoying, I'm not loosing sleep over it though.;)

Tim.

Back