Delete "Internet Connect" in Leopard

Corinna

Registered
I made the mistake of migrating my old hard drive to my brand-new iMac running Leopard, and as a result, I'm constantly beleaguered by an error pop-up window:
Internet Connect
Cannot open the communication device​
This error is completely irrelevant to my Internet connection status, and I've learned that this Internet Connect app doesn't even exist in Leopard.

What files do I need to trash to discombobulate this error? I've decreased its frequency by removing really ancient "System resources" and "System" files from the system folder, and an old "Earthlink Connect" from the utilities folder. But it still does pop up often enough to be annoying, and I'd like to kill it. It resides on the system level, not the user level, because it pops up to all users and even occasionally on the login window screen.

Any help is most appreciated!

Hi

I've just started using Leopard, and had the same problem with Internet Connect messages appearing just after the machine was woken from sleep.

I successfully turned off this annoying message by changing my schedule settings in Entourage, the email program. In Tools-Schedules-Edit Schedules, there's a 'dial-up' option there, and instead of leaving it on 'stay connected' or 'close', I chose the third option, which is something like 'return to previous state' (as I am on cable, and have been for years).

Anyway, the 'Internet Connect' message no longer pops up, and Entourage continues to work as well as can be expected.

If you're not using Entourage, perhaps your email program has a similar schedules setting that is causing the same grief.

When I go to TOOLS/EDIT SCHEDULES in Entourage, I don't have any of the options you describe....it just displays the schedules
Eliezer

Back