Delete iPhoto from iMac or.......

Dean M

Registered
Hi.
I don't want to use iPhoto 5.0 anymore and would like to delete it from my computer. Or at the very least, find a way to keep my digital camera photos from downloading automatically to iPhoto. Any ideas ?
Thanks. Dean M

Have a look in your Apps folder for ImageCapture.app

20071227-sjpb5r6pta1rbn3r6knsfa45m.jpg

In ImageCapture you can set the prefs for which app handles your digital camera connection.

Also if you don't have the latest version of iPhoto then ImageCapture allows you the choice of which photos you want to download.

20071227-8gfctw9dyckgyauw38piw2mi2x.jpg

Thanks Virgil......
I do have the latest version of iPhoto, but with the current Image Capture and some manipulation, I was able to direct the downloads to a new folder in 'My Pictures', and then add the information to the file names. I could also choose what .app to edit with. HP Edit is really good as you can in addition to everything else iPhoto can do, you can resize and Email from the Edit program........Thanks. If I can find a way to delete the duplicates in iPhoto Library, I would then drag the 'My Picture' folder to a new + album.........Thanks again. Dean M

For deleting duplicates, try iPhoto Diet. Haven't checked to see if it is Leopard compatible, but it does a really good job. Just be sure to read the dialog boxes and understand exactly what you are telling it to do.

Hi Mary !
Thanks for the referral to iPhoto Diet. I just found it this morning and it worked wonders ! Wonder why iPhoto doesn't have that built in.............Dean M

Back