Deleted items from External HD, any chance of recovery?

ddrt

Registered
I was moving data from HD1 into HD2. After data transfer was completed I went to delete the data, from the now unneeded HD1, but instead of clicking on HD1 I accidentally clicked on HD2 without realizing and emptied the trash, I realized I had clicked the wrong one but the wires must have gotten crossed, I also deleted the data from HD1 and emptied the trash bin.

Now, here's the question. I've been using Data Rescue II and it's recovering files from a long time ago from my main HD. Is there any way I can recover files lost from an external HD? I'm losing around 300g and I'm not very happy about it. :( please help me save my sanity.

Data Rescue II should have an option to scan external drives as well as internal drives. Simply do the same thing you've done to recover files on your internal drive, but instruct Data Rescue II to perform the restore on your external drive.

Obviously you set the trarget device as your internal HD as opposed to your external. Point it at the right drive and you will be fine. RTFM.

Back