Deleting a keychain

pensfan

Registered
There was a discussion a few months back about passwords that wouldn't "stick." I was one of the ones who had that problem. I first noticed it in Entourage and it came on the upgrade to 10.2.2 (I'm now at 10.2.3 and it's still here javascript:smilie(':mad:') )
Basically, whenever I would quit or restart the e-mail program, I'd always have to reenter my passwords for my various accounts, even though I have the save to keychain option checked.
Keychain FirstAid couldn't repair (or even verify) and I kept getting error -25295.
Anyway, I came across a document in the Knowledge Base today (106793) that talked about deleting and recreating a keychain. This has been the source of my problem, as nothing shows up in the keychain.
The knowledge base document is here:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106973
Anyway, I followed the directions, but it won't do anything. After I click Delete References & Files, I get the spinning beach ball of death. Importantly, I'm not frozen as I can work fully in other apps. I just can't do anything with the keychain (including deleting the one I want to delete) and I have to force quit.
Does anyone have a suggestion for this?
Thanks,
Kevin
P.S. I notice I'm a junior member. When is the prom and when may I look forward to, ahem, becoming senior??? javascript:smilie(';)')

Hmm, try running Disk Utility and do the Fix Permissions operation.

If that doesn't do the trick then drag the "Keychains" folder out of your ~/Library folder, then log out and back in again.

Those are the first two steps I'd recommend, but no guarantees.

slur,
unfortunately, i've tried those and neither worked. This is a strange one. The headline of the Knowledge Base document is How to Remove and Recreate an Inaccessible Keychain, but they don't tell you what to do if the keychain gets a life of its own and doesn't want to be removed.

Back