Deleting Classic.....

Some Installers like for Photoshop 7 actually look for classic. If it doesn't find it, Photoshop won't install (even if you never plan on running it in classic).

The best thing to do if you have "no need for Classic" would be to ignore the fact that it is even on your system. Someday we won't have these old world dependencies left, but for now... better safe than sorry.

i am running on a system with serious real estate challenges, a 3 gig hard drive. I did delete the classic folder, just tossed the whole thing in the trash. I didn't do anything with the X folders or anything to tell X that I had. I then did install Photoshop and ran it. I later tossed Photoshop because it takes too much of my precious space. it will have to wait till I get state-side and can replace the HD because there's no-one here I trust to open this beautiful tangerine marvel ;)

if you have the real estate, just leave it, but if you have head room problems, it is safe enough to toss it (after a back-up of course:D )

Thanks guys it all helps I have just upgrade from OS9.2 (put it off for way to long ) but after all the headaches agrading from OS 7-8-9 over the years and then fixing Palm problems etc etc I have been very wary......

Back