Deleting Startup Icons In Classic (while Running Osx)

otherguy

Registered
[On Apr 15, 11:03am James wrote:]
I put a borrowed copy of Adobe After Effects 6 on my System (10.2.7) to see how it would run compared to my own copy -Adobe After Effects 4 which runs on classic.

After removing After Effects 6 as best I could, trashing all files and preferences etc. found that the newer icon keeps coming up in top right hand corner when I run my own version in classic.

Then trashed all startup icons in classic (9) but this one would keep reinserting itself. Removed completely and then reinstalled my version of After Effects 4 but still the dreaded icon keeps appearing.

Know this is a very small problem, but am annoyed I can't track down where this icon is being generated, I think somewhere in in the OSX. Don't think Adobe should be allowed to do this............

Please if you have any idea what is generating this and how I can remove it I would be very grateful,

James

[On Apr 16, 3:49pm Cameron W. wrote:]
Thanks for using macosx.com. My name is Cameron.

Try rebuilding desktop DB.

You can do this through System Preferences.

Open System preferences, click on "Classic" click on "Advanced" and then click the "Rebuild Desktop" button.

Let us know.
-Cameron

--------

[On Apr 17, 5:13am James wrote:]
-Cameron

Thank you very much for the help!

This worked immediately.

Should have known, think the idea crossed the back of my mind, but dismissed it with some preconception.............often the way down the wrong road...........

Thanks Again,
James

Back