Delivered?

voice-

Registered
OK, I'm checking my shipment status constantly. 3 times a day, at least, waiting for my PowerBook.

Here's what I see:

Shipment Picked Up TAIPEI, TP, TW 09 Oct 2003 15:22
Cleared Customs TAIPEI, TP, TW 11 Oct 2003 05:00
Depart Terminal TAIPEI, TP, TW 11 Oct 2003 14:55
Arrive Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 13 Oct 2003 06:28
Depart Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 13 Oct 2003 08:01
Arrive Terminal UTRECHT, UT, NL 13 Oct 2003 08:36
Depart Terminal UTRECHT, UT, NL 15 Oct 2003 20:52
Delivered UTRECHT, UT, NL 16 Oct 2003 17:31

Normally, I'd stroll happily to the delivery office and pick up a Mac upon reading this, only problem is I live in Norway, not Holland
What's up with this?

Finally figured on checking TNT's website, which could inform me that the PB is in my town, and has been since the 16th. I'd gladly make the trip then, or today if they had told me. I discovered where it was today at 18:40, the office closed at 16:00 and opens Monday. Seriously, TNT sucks.

Must be a hard weekend to pass! I can't wait to see pictures of your new love then! I will hopefully get mine next week too ... or the next after... :)

Sorry, no can do, my dad ran off with an 800MHz 15" iMac, a camcorder and a digital camera, leaving me crippled in terms of anything image.

And yeah, it's a hard weekend...I'm seriously concidering stealing the PB from the warehouse...

Well you are in norway ... are you telling me all norwegians aren't blond vikings that have the latest nokia or ericsson with all those fancy mobile phone cameras?? :p

I'm in same boat, well sorta... I'm anticipating the delivery of my Powerbook, I live in the states though.

I probably chk the status 10x's a day :)

Yes, Gia, that's what I'm telling you. I'm a brown-haired tubby little kid with a Nokia 3510 mobile phone, it doesn't even have a color screen.

Originally posted by ineedmoresleep
I probably chk the status 10x's a day :)

lol, only a true mac fan could say such a thing. :D

I wish I could order something from Apple. I'd probably keep the shipping page up all day and night. :)

A TRUE (read: geeky) fan would write an AppleScript that would check the website automatically every 5 seconds, parse it, and set the current status as the desktop background in BIG LETTERS. Then if ANY change was made in current status (i.e. "left Taipei", "cleared customs", "shipping guy loaded it onto the truck" "truck went over a bump that made a loud noise and scared the computer", etc), the script would generate an email to your phone.

I might be wrong, but your computer might be post at a university in The Netherlands for dutch speaking people.
The most important is that You are gaining time to gain the invested money back when you receive it later.

Nagged a little in while the warehouse guys were working there today and got it. It's the most beautiful piece of hardware I've ever seen, bar none.
We're gonna have a GOOOD time...

So, where are the pics?!! We want to see the baby now!! I'll get mine wednesday, hard to wait ... and hard to wait then other 2 days to put 10.3 to it!! :D

Again, I have no camera (sadly), but I'm showing it off to anyone I can think of...my peecee girlfriend and TiBook aunt are the next victims of envy...

And wait - you are forgetting ME!
Just hearing about a 12" gives me shivers. Today I walked by the local coffe shops (one of 'em) and there was an iBook sitting outside in the beautiful weather shining like a beacon - a 12" would look so much cooler! I got the shivers that compluter looks so awesome!

Cool! :D iBook is really pretty machine, the 12" one .. actually even better looking than the Poerbook ... well at least untill I'll get used to mine ...

Back